Consulting Workshops

My preferred mode of providing support is in bite-sized increments.  Once I can prove my value to you, you'll come back for more.

That approach means we can get to work with minimal purchasing process hassles: services are scoped to come within the range of the average corporate credit card.

Don't you hate it when you have to sift through pages and pages looking to see if you are even in the ballpark for affordability, and then you still have to call the vendor to find out how much their services might cost? And then they still give you this fog.  Of course there are some basic terms and conditions, but I hope you'll agree that this is a very clear rate sheet.

Please - sometimes technology doesn't treat us the way we'd like. If you experience ANY difficulty ordering on this page, or you just prefer to speak with a human person, please leave a message and you will get a call back within 24 hours, or call me at 202-314-5199.

Federal GPC / others
Jump-Starter Custom Workshop
$ 4000

Half-day pre-planning with you

Half-day preparation of materials

Full day (6 hours) strategy session

Half-day post-session write-up

Wrap-up meeting with you to confirm your action plan

Simmer System 1/2-Day Workshop
$ 2800

Pre-session planning phone call

Structured material - no pre-work

6-hour workshop on Simmer System topic

Confidential structured post-report

Wrap-up meeting with you to confirm your action plan

6-month Strategic Subscription Plan
$ 1800

30-minute consultation call each week

Two half-day consults during period

Two Jump-Starter Custom workshops

Ad-hoc Consultation Sessions
$ 1000

Ad hoc session, minimal preparation

6-month ad-hoc advisory support
$ 3000
Full 6 months

Up to one 30-minute call per week

Three half-day ad-hoc consultation sessions during the 6-month period

Pricing notes:

  • Firm fixed price: All offerings are firm fixed price, payable within 30 days of receipt of invoice, which will be presented immediately after award.  10% of the price accounts for setup and the initial planning/scoping/orientation and is not refundable.  The remaining 90% of the purchase price can be refunded if services are cancelled up until 5 days after the initial planning or introductory call. 
  • Federal discount:
    • Jump-Starter workshops are reduced to Federal GPC maximum for micropurchase transaction
    • 6-month Strategic Subscription cannot be treated as 6 separate micro-purchases.  You would have to obligate the full $10,800, which is discounted to $10,000 for full  one-time payment. 
  • Simmer System(SM) workshops are less expensive because the material is delivered largely as-is, with no commitment to customizing for the workshop other than minor tailoring to the environment and handling Q&A. [Find out more about the various types of Simmer System workshops available].
  • 6-month Strategic Subscription.  The total monthly fees of $10,800 are discounted to $10,000 for full up-front payment.
  • 6-month ad-hoc advisory support. This is paid for up front and, since it is under $3300, Federal agencies can buy this package as a micropurchase on GPC.


Well, OK, there are some administrative details (travel, late fees, etc.); here's the scoop on that.

For government agencies or prime contractors who would like to use us for larger-scale engagements, we are a Virginia-based small business, owned by a Vietnam-era veteran.  As such we have no special protected status.  But we can serve as a small-business partner to fill the gap in the 50% of the typical small business participation quotas that is not restricted to protected businesses.

See our Federal administrative information (SAMS, NAICS codes)